Saturday, September 11, 2010

Doug Keeling in Clay



This is Doug the Easy Punch Guy done in clay...I made a wire armature and covered it in fleece-like fabric to build up the body..the clay head, hands and arms, legs, feet and shoes were done separately and modelled in Fimo Clay..although this is my favorite for this type of work, have tried and used just about every other kind of clay on the market...depending on what I do, each one has it's own benefits..The head, hands/arms, feet and hands were painted with acrylic paints..Barb used one of her socks for the sweater (will have to do an other figure to use the other sock) and she also made the great denim trousers for him (me?) to wear..the Easy Punch Machine was made from a dowel and painted to fit in my (his?) hand...the "hoop" was made from a round piece of wood and covered in a piece of fabric.

No comments: